"Can you see me? All of me? Probably not. No one has ever really has" - Jeffrey Eugenides



miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011

Fanática de las citas

Quotes from the film "Love and other drugs" of Edward Zwick
Jamie: Unfourtnatly I need you. And you need me.

Maggie: No I don't.
J: Yes you do.
M: No I don't. Stop it, stop saying that.
J: Yes you do. You need someone to take care of you.
M: No I don't.
J: Everybody does.
...
M: I'm gonna need you more than you need me.
J: That's Ok.
M: No it's not. It isn't fair. I have places to go.
J: You'll go there, I just may have to carry you.
M: I can't ask you to that.
J: You didn't.

"Hey, let's just say that in an alternet universe, there's a couple just like us...only she is healthy and he is perfect and there world is about how much money they'll spend on vacations, whos in a bad mood that day or wether they feel guilty of having a cleaning lady. I dont't wanna be those people. I want us, you, this".

Maggie Murdock: What's your game?
Jamie Randall: My game?
Maggie Murdock: Oh I'm sorry. Right. This is the part where we talk about where we come from and what we majored in in college.
Jamie Randall: You have beautiful eyes.
Maggie Murdock: That's it? That's the best you got?
Jamie Randall: I'm serious. They're beautiful.
Maggie Murdock: Let's go.
Jamie Randall: Excuse me?
Maggie Murdock: You want to close right? You want to get laid?
Jamie Randall: Now?
Maggie Murdock: Oh right, right, right. I'm supposed to act like I don't know if it's right. So then you tell me that there is no right or wrong. It's just the moment. And then I tell you that I can't while actually signalling to you that I can, which you don't need because you're not really listening. Because this isn't about connection for you. This isn't even about sex for you. This is about finding an hour or two of relief from the pain of being you. And that's fine with me, see, because all I want is the exact same thing.

"I used to worry a lot about who'll be when I grew up. How much money'd make or ehm, someday become a big deal. Sometimes the things you want the most don't happen and what you least expect happens. I don't know - you meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet that one person and your life is changed...forever".

No hay comentarios.: